The proper care for microfibers
Today’s microfibers are used almost everywhere in the cleaning industries, both commercial and residential. The main reason they are becoming widely used is due to their high capacity to remove dirt and microbes and their high absorbency.
To make them last, you need to maintain them the proper way. Unfortunately, too many people don’t know how or they are misinformed.
What can affect your to microfiber towels;
These 4 factors will affect the lifespan and quality of your towels.
- The water softener cancels the absorption of the fibers by eliminating the static in it which leaves a residue between the fibers.
- The high heat of the dryer can destroy the fibers and deform the towel.
- The detergents used can saturate the fibers, preventing them from absorbing.
- Bleach has to be avoided completely as this product destroy the fibers.
Here is what the manufacturers and retailers recommend:
- Separate your microfibers by type (do not wash together towels, dust mops and mops).
- If needed, rinse them with warm water.
- Prewash or soak your towels using a small amount of detergent or disinfectant.
- Wash them in hot water using a neutral Ph soap (the Ph level should be between 4 and 10).
- Rinse in clear water.
- Dry in the dryer (use the cycle that has a cool air at the end of the drying period).
Follow these instructions and you will be able to use your microfiber towels for a very long time.